If you’re like me, you love the awkward moments during award shows. And despite the Oscars being a prestigious affair, it still was home to some quality cringe/uncomfortable moments this year.
Here are some of the best. Enjoy!
1. I have no clue why, but stars took fake shots on the red carpet:
2. Red carpet interviews were suuuuper socially distanced:
3. There was an awkward back-and-forth period of silence between pre-show hosts Nina Parker, Karamo Brown, and Guiliana Ransic:
4. The producers of this year’s show — Jesse Collins, Stacey Sher, and Steven Soderbergh — had an awk step-and-repeat moment:
5. In an awkward — albeit adorable — moment, Florian Zeller’s wife came over and kissed his back mid-speech:
6. Daniel Kaluuya won Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Judas and the Black Messiah, and in his speech he hilariously/awkwardly said, “We need to celebrate life…My mom met my dad. They had sex. It’s amazing.”
7. People were not here for the natural lighting situation goin’ on:
8. Regina King called out absurd movie ticket prices at the Oscars (LOL) after it was shared that Christopher Hampton used to go to the movies three times a week.
9. “Live and Let Die” was the walk-off song after Chloé Zhao’s win, which was definitely a bizarre choice:
10. People also were like, “Um, why is Misha Collins at the Oscars???”
11. While presenting, Reese Witherspoon did an impression of Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver:
There were crickets :/.
12. And she also made this joke, which kinda fell flat:
13. Brad Pitt mispronounced Yuh-Jung Youn’s name:
But Yuh-Jung Youn hilariously said in her acceptance speech she forgives everyone who’s ever pronounced her name wrong.